To provide the necessary medical and general care to the homeless and abused dogs and cats in need at the Cleveland City Kennel, while working to raise awareness in the community by providing affordable resources and education to Cleveland residents.
Founded in 2003, Friends of the City of Cleveland Kennel is a group of volunteers dedicated to providing the necessary medical & general care for the animals at the Cleveland Kennel in the hopes of giving them a second chance at a good life.
The City of Cleveland Kennel is the most overlooked animal facility in the Cleveland area. It is often confused with the APL or County Kennel , but is an entirely separate facility. Most of the animals that arrive at the kennel have been abused or neglected. These animals are all very special, but they have not been the given the life that they deserve.
It is the goal of the Friends of the City of Cleveland Kennel to provide them hope for a new beginning.
With your support we can continue to better the lives of the animals at the Cleveland Kennel. We will continue to strive and work towards helping these dogs & cats. We will continue to fight to give them the life & the love that they deserve.
Below are some services Friends of the Cleveland Kennel provides:
• Full medical funding available (NO animal needing medical
care is turned away due to lack of funds)
• Provide care and rehab for "unadoptable" animals in need that are not accepted by other area shelters. This is through our foster program, or through partnerships with other rescue organizations.
• Frontline Plus for ALL dogs & cats available year round
• Facilitate transfer of dogs/cats to other local rescue groups through partnerships, while funding the initial vet care for ease of transfer.
• Dog Beds for Runs
• Kuranda Beds available for all dogs in Kennel
• Heated water bowls for outdoor runs
• Formula for abandoned puppies & kittens
• Increased awareness of the Kennel
• Supply of food, treats, toys, blankets, etc.
• Foster & Volunter programs
• Purchase, installed & maintain 3 indoor runs
• Purchase, installed & maintain 6 covered outdoor runs